“We have been completely happy with the service provided and would happily use Act again, in fact, we may well be in touch some time soon!”
– Residential Homeowner, Mr Tomlinson
Changes to Part B Fire Safety effective from 30th April 2014
The Welsh Government have announced changes to Part B of the Building Regulations to require automatic fire suppression systems in residential buildings (regulation 37A).
These changes come into effect from 30th April 2014 and the requirement will apply to new and converted:
- care homes (as defined in the Care Standards Act 2000)
- children’s residential homes
- boarding houses
- halls of residences
- hostels other than hostels intended for temporary accommodation for leisure purposes (e.g. not Youth Hostels or backpacker’s hostels).
And from 1st January 2016 the requirement will apply to new and converted:
- any other residential purpose.
For full information regarding the changes visit
If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us here or call us on 0845 077 9559.