Houses & Flats
“We have been completely happy with the service provided and would happily use Act again, in fact, we may well be in touch some time soon!”
– Residential Homeowner, Mr Tomlinson
Act Surveyors provide surveying services for all types of residential uses including private houses and flats, halls of residence, residential care homes, holiday homes, etc.
We have worked on a huge variety of houses all over the UK and have experience of all subsoil conditions and construction solutions. We have worked on individual houses for owner occupation ranging from £150k to £10 million in value for new build and conversion works.
The services we mainly provide are:
- Building Control – there are no restrictions on us providing building control for dwellings. The warranty link rule was also removed on 6th April 2013.
- Party Wall Surveyors – we have acted as party wall surveyor to many owners in connection with works to houses and flats, from relatively minor works such as new steel beams in party walls, through to major new build developments with piling works adjacent to multi-storey blocks of flats, and underpinning of very large houses.
- Adjoining Owner’s Surveyors – we have acted as adjoining owner’s party wall surveyor for multiple owners in blocks of flats who have been served with notices for all types of applicable works. We are well-versed in the procedures of the Act and can apply our expertise across the board on residential projects, large or small.
- CDM Regulations Advice – on residential projects for non-domestic clients. Such projects have included new build houses and refurbishment of houses for rent, conversion of large houses into multiple flats and large extensions to houses for rent. We have also worked on projects involving internal and external alterations to flats and extensions at roof level. On many occasions, parts of the properties have remained occupied during the works and have needed to be carefully co-ordinated in order to achieve effective health and safety management on site.
- Fire Consultancy – we have advised developers and their agents on compliance with fire safety regulations and produced fire strategy reports outlining the principle of fire safety design. These have included reports ranging from the fire strategy for a multi storey block of flats common stair escape to the use of innovative solutions for private dwellings. Innovative solutions to comply with regulations include the use of sprinklers, fire shutters, etc, for clients who desire the open plan arrangement. With ever increasing complexity of the fire safety guidance, the range of options available to designers, and the importance placed on fire safety by owners and insurers this service is proving to be ever more valuable.
- Fire Risk Assessments – fire risk assessments have been provided for the common parts of flats where they are used as a workplace or deemed to be used as a workplace to ensure the owner meets their obligations under the regulatory reform order.
If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us here or call us on 0845 077 9559.