Terms & Conditions
“We have been completely happy with the service provided and would happily use Act again, in fact, we may well be in touch some time soon!”
– Residential Homeowner, Mr Tomlinson
These terms and conditions apply to the entire contents of this website and to the contents of any e-mail correspondence between Act Surveyors LLP or Act Building Control Limited (‘Act’/”we/”us”) and you made via this website or in respect of any comment or enquiry you make via this website.
This website may include hypertext links or other links, references or other information relating to the products, services or views of third parties. None of these constitute or imply Act’s endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation of those third parties or their products, services, websites or views. You are permitted to download, store and print this website and downloads available from this website (or part thereof) only for your own private and non-commercial use or the private and non-commercial use of your firm or company provided that:
- You must not modify, alter or translate such original material;
- You must not use, reproduce, display, distribute or use such material or any part of it for any public or commercial purposes without the express prior written permission of Act
- You must not use any graphics contained within such material separately from accompanying text; and
- You must retain all copyright, trade mark and other similar proprietary notices contained in the original materials on all copies of the material.
- Subject to the above, no part of this website or any download made available on this website may be reproduced, downloaded or stored in any other website or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service without Act’s prior written permission.
- While Act Surveyors LLP and Act Building Control Limited have used reasonable efforts to ensure that the information on this website is correct, such information may include technical inaccuracies and/or typographical errors. Act does not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the material on this website or any download available from this website.
- Act may make changes to the material on this website, or to the products, services and prices described in it, at any time without notice. The material on this website may be out of date, and Act makes no commitment to update such material.
- Act may at its sole discretion change, remove, or suspend access to, the website or any part of it without notice to you.
- Whilst Act has endeavored to ensure that downloads from this website are free from viruses, bugs, worms and malicious or disruptive codes, Act cannot guarantee that this is the case. You must ensure that you take appropriate measures and utilize anti-virus software to protect your information technology systems from the foregoing.
- This website, and its contents, is provided without any conditions, warranties, representations, guarantees or other terms whatsoever, whether express or implied, including without limitation any warranty of accuracy, completeness, quality, satisfactory quality, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement of third party rights, and all of the foregoing are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. No oral or written information or advice provided by us in response to any comment or enquiry made by you via this website shall create any term, condition, warranty, formal offer of goods or services or legally binding contract, nor shall you or any other person rely on any such information or advice.
- You, as a user of this website, shall assume all responsibility and risk for your use of this website and Act accepts no responsibility and shall not be liable for any losses (including without limitation indirect, direct, consequential, incidental, special, exemplary or punitive damages of any kind, loss of profits, loss of or damage to data or information technology hardware or software) arising from your use, or otherwise connected with, this website including without limitation any such losses resulting:
- Your, or any other person’s, use or reliance on this website or download available from this website or information contained therein, any link to a third party website (or the contents of that website) contained on this website or any response to any comment or enquiry made by you via this website; or
- Any errors, omission or inaccuracies of or in any information or material contained in this website or any download available from this website; or
- Any interruption or suspension of access to, your inability to use, or any change, alteration or removal of, this website or any download available from this website or any link to any third party websites contained on this website; or
- Any virus, bug, worm or malicious or disruptive code which may access your information technology systems, or unauthorised access to your information technology systems, resulting from your use, storage or downloading of this website or any download available from this website, including without limitation loss or deletion of, or damage to, data or files or such systems.
‘Cookies’, which are small text files that are placed on your computer when you first visit the site, are/may be used on this website. Cookies make it easier for you to log on to and use this website during future visits. They also allow us to monitor website traffic and to personalise the content of this website for you. Most browsers now recognise when a cookie is offered and permit you to refuse or accept it, although if you refuse to accept cookies you may not be able to use certain features of this website.
Privacy / Disclosure of Information
We will not disclose any personal information you provide via this website to third parties without your consent, except to our researchers for the purpose stated above or as otherwise permitted by applicable data protection legislation.
You have certain rights under the Data Protection Act 1998 in relation to the personal information that we hold about you including a right to see such information and to ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date.
If you wish to do this, please contact us here or call us on 0845 077 9559. Note; We may charge a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information requested where entitled to do so by applicable law.