Energy Rating

An energy rating is required for all new build residential and commercial buildings as the only method of demonstrating compliance with Part L of the Building Regulations.

Act Building Control can provide the energy rating services you require together with professional advice concerning what is required to suit your construction needs.The two energy ratings required are:-

In addition to the above energy rating requirements many buildings will also need an EPC (energy performance certificate) or solar shading assessment.  The EPC is an energy label for a building that demonstrates the buildings energy efficiency in the same format as previously seen only for electrical goods.  The solar shading assessment is required to demonstrate compliance with approved document L to the Building Regulations for new commercial buildings.  These can be provided as an additional or enhanced service to the SAP or SBEM energy rating.

Legislation other than the Building Regulations such as planning regulations may also require an assessment of the buildings sustainable or environmental credentials.  These assessments include the Code for Sustainable Homes and BREEAM, with another standard being the ECO Homes standard.

If you require advice with regard to energy ratings or sustainable building matters, please do not hesitate to contact us here or call us on 01452 310880.